Africa Biz Construction and Business News
Symposium on Starting Digital Businesses to Be Held August 8 in South Africa
August 7, 2018
A special event entitled, "Netrepreneurs: The Rise of Africa's Digital Lions" will be held on August 8 in Pretoria, South Africa. Its focus will be on eCommerce in Africa, along with the payments, logistics, tourism and big data partners for it, all of which is beginning to lift national economies.
The event is being jointly organized by Alibaba Business School, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the Jack Ma Foundation, thought leaders will debate about the challenges and opportunities facing a new digital Africa and the role that the public sector, investors, entrepreneurs and educational organizations can play in this transformation. The event will cover the following topics:
• The Creators of a New Economy: Constructing Digital Businesses Young African entrepreneurs will share their journeys and discuss the challenges of developing a new kind of business on the continent.
• Governments and Policymakers: Nurturing Innovation in the Digital Economy A regional and country perspective will be given on the role of the public sector in providing a conducive environment for innovation.
• Access to Capital: Fueling Transformation Through Investment Business leaders will examine how best to allocate capital in a dynamic and challenging market.
• Digital Talents: Enabling youth to Power the New Economy Skill development experts will debate on how educational institutions, incubators, training programmes and other models can educate and train the new generation to achieve impact and economic success.
• The Jack Ma Africa Netrepreneur Prize Announcement The launch of the Africa Netrepreneur Prize to support exemplary young internet leaders.
• Ways forward for a Digital Africa Eminent personalities will share their vision for a dynamic continent where a globalized digital economy enables small and medium-sized enterprises and young entrepreneurs.
Registration is mandatory for those interested in attending. To register for this event, please go to https://reg.unog.ch/event/25909/?utm_source=UNIC+Pretoria&utm_campaign=0ed82736e3-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_10_09_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_264810c171-0ed82736e3-385706805